Children are being separated from their parents is the parents are illegal immigrants.
This is the picture of what has become of America under the Trump administration. Trump has adopted a “zero tolerance” immigration policy which results in separations of undocumented parents and kids. The amazing thing is that Trump has the gall to blame the policy on Democrats. Will the American public hold Trump accountable for his false claim that the separations are the fault of Democrats, and not the result of his own administration’s change in how undocumented immigrants are treated.
- The Trump administration has repeatedly denied that its policy is to separate children from their parents when families cross the US border illegally.
- But its own internal documents contradict that.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s website put out a press release on Friday saying it would separate children from their families.
- A “zero tolerance” policy from Attorney General Jeff Sessions mandates that anyone illegally crossing the border be treated like a criminal.
- President Donald Trump repeated a false claim that Democrats are behind his administration’s “zero-tolerance” policy that separates families at the US-Mexico border.
- US immigration law does not require families to be split up at the border
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the policy in May.
- New immigration legislation introduced by House Republicans Friday does nothing to change the policy.
- Almost 2,000 children have reportedly been separated from their families at the border over six weeks under the policy.