Donald Trump has taken issue with the Air Traffic Control System in America. It’s ironic that Trump has taken such a strong position on air safety when he flies his own private planes.
It seems that Trump’s idea of making America Great Again is to start with air traffic controllers. Now, instead of having national standards with which all airlines can rely, it seems that President Trump is advocating a new system, privatizing the airspace above the earth. After announcing his goal to privatize the nation’s Air Traffic Control System, President Donald Trump sat down at a desk on Monday and signed two documents. There was only one problem: He wasn’t actually signing something that would have any tangible impact on what he had just proposed.
A White House aide told reporters Trump had signed a “a decision memo and letter transmitting legislative principles to Congress,” surrounding the privatization of the Air Traffic Control system. But in order for his goal to come to fruition, Congress would need to pass legislation implementing it. This seems to be yet another example of Trump’s failure to appreciate the difference between the President and the Congress.
Before Trump gave remarks Monday, White House officials had told reporters that the President is only dictating his legislative goals of separating air traffic controls from the FAA. Congress is not required to follow through on these goals.
So as long as Trump is issuing dictates to Congress amounting to a wish list, maybe he should also announce his decision that :
- There will be no more lost bags.
- There will be no more flight delays.
- There will be no more people seated next to you on flights that have bromhidrosis, osmidrosis, or ozochrotia.
4. There will be no more smelly lavatories.
5. Passengers will be required to have all bowel movements before boarding the flights.
6. People who have air sickness will be banned from flights.
7. Water bottles will be allowed through airport security.
8. Beverages on flights will be served with lids.
9. Every airline will be required to install a sound proof section for parents traveling with children.
10. All passengers, except Muslims, will be allowed to carry weapons, including assault weapons.
11. There will be no more weather conditions, rain, lightening, wind sheer, tornadoes, and hurricanes, that might interfere with travel.
12. There will be no more equipment malfunction on any airplane in America.