Kellyanne Conway is the queen of alternative facts.
Donald Trump has made a career from alleging that the mainstream media promotes “fake news.”
Sean Spicer is lost in the bushes and isn’t available for comment.
People around the country await the testimony of James Comey, scheduled for Thursday. Comey was the head of the FBI who was fired by Trump. Sources familiar with Comey’s thinking told CNN last month that he now believes that Trump was trying to influence his judgment about the Russia investigation, during several conversations. But whether that influence amounts to an obstruction of justice amounts to an open question. It was also reported that Trump told Russians that Comey was a “nut job” and that firing him had eased “great pressure” on him.
It is unclear whether Trump will attempt to exert executive privilege to attempt to prevent Comey’s testimony. Politico has published an explanation about why Trump can’t assert executive privilege because Comey is no longer a government employee. Yet Kellyanne Conway has indicated that there is still a possibility that Trump will try to block the testimony.
6. Trump fired Comey over a disagreement regarding Trump’s golf score.
7. Trump fired Comey because Comey’s fingers were bigger than Trump’s.
8. Trump fired Comey because he rejected the advances of Trump.
9. Trump fired Comey because Comey laughed at Trump’s hair.
10. Trump fired Comey because his father was involved in the assassination of JFK.
11. Trump fired Comey because he had the poor judgment to have a romantic relationship with Sarah Palin.
12. Trump fired Comey because Comey said the First Lady had posed nude with another woman.
13. Trump fired Comey because the Comey was Catholic.
14. Trump fired Comey because Comey said Trump looked like a clown.
15. Trump fired Comey because Trump thought Comey was celebrating with Muslims after the 9-11 attack.
16. Trump fired Comey because Comey was friends with Rosie O’Donnell.
17. Trump fired Comey because Comey had a disabled friend.
18. Trump fired Comey because Comey treated women with respect.
19. Trump fired Comey because his skin wasn’t orange.
20. Trump fired Comey because Trump thought Comey was investigating allegations that Trump raped a 13 year old girl.
21. Trump fired Comey because Comey laughed at the statute of Trump.
22. Trump fired Comey because Comey was the person who employed Don’s Johns to provide the port-a-potties for the inauguration.
23. Trump fired Comey because he could.