In the tradition of “Fake News,” anonymous sources within the Trump administration have confirmed that the Donald is considering appointment of Sarah Palin as ambassador to Antarctica. Steve Bannon has revealed that Palin would be ideal for the position for several reasons:
- Her family would be thrilled if she’d move far away.
- The is no government in Antartica, so there wouldn’t be any office for Sarah to be elected to and then quit.
- The Antarctic Treaty of 1959 prohibits military activities, so Sarah would not be able to cause a nuclear holocaust.
4. The population of Antarctica varies between 1000 in the winter and 5000 in the summer. That population is similar to that of Wasilla, the city that Palin calls home.
5. There are no libraries in Antarctica so Sarah wouldn’t be tempted to ban books about anything.
6. Nobody in Antarctica gets raped. Men who live in Antarctica would rather keep their pants zipped. That means there is no need for rape exam kits that Palin could charge women for.
7. There are no roads in Antarctica, so Palin would have no ability to waste money on a road leading to nowhere.
8. There are very few animals in Antarctica, so Palin wouldn’t be able to kill many animals.
9. Antarctica has 1,150 species of fungi, about 100 species of mosses, and 25 species of liverworts. Nobody knows what liverworts is, so when Palin explains what they are, nobody will know differently.
Some main-stream media has reported that Palin is actually being considered by Trump as his Ambassador to Canada.