It was January 19, 2011 that the National Enquirer broke the story that Todd Palin was a pimp. That memorable article featured this picture of Todd and Sarah.
While the picture was obviously taken at the same place and time there was another picture that included Piper. It was featured in a June 2011 article from Hollywood Life.
This is the picture Sarah has posted today on Facebook:
This is Sarah’s post today:
“This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.
1 John 3:16
Our culture gets love all wrong, dumbing it down to cheesy greeting cards and cliché romantic comedies. Cupid is held out as the symbol for love. Personally, I find an arrow being shot through your heart by a blindfolded flying baby pretty horrifying.
Todd and I have been together since he was a pup of sixteen and I was seventeen. I can tell you from experience that if your love can be summed up in a Hallmark card, it is not going to weather life’s inevitable storms.
Love my be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener. It’s not based on emotions, but is deeply rooted in action and choice. Every day, you either choose to live sacrificially or choose to live selfishly. As C.S. Lewis reminded us, love is a verb and an action. It’s not a feeling.
There are days when I feel like loving Todd about as much as a bloody paper cut, and he, me…about as much as a whacked shin on a darkened staircase. Thankfully our marriage is not built on emotion. It’s rooted in the sacrificial love of our Savior. Jesus showed us that truly loving someone requires great personal sacrifice. After all, His love for His bride, the Church, led Him to a painful death on a cross.
Sweet Freedom in Action
Today, choose to surprise someone you love by sacrificing for them and doing something for them that you might not want to do but that they will love. Show them you love them.”
After six years of waiting for some type of acknowledgement that the pimp story was true, we now receive an indication from Sarah that the story is true. Consider the following:
- The picture used by Sarah for a Facebook post in Jan. 2017 is almost identical to that used in the National Enquirer story from Jan. of 2011. Obviously thousands of pictures have been taken of Todd and Sarah over the last six years. Many other pictures depict more accurately what Sarah and Todd look like today. Other pictures would more appropriately be used with her post, unless of course she WANTED to make reference to Todd being a pimp. Examples might include pictures of his hospitalization or their wedding.
- Sarah posted this article almost on the anniversary of the story in National Enquirer.
- Neither Sarah or Todd have ever denied the story in spite of specific requests to Sarah and Todd and their attorneys.
- Sarah has reached the end of her career as a celebrity and my be desperately searching for a way to stay relevant. If she were to admit now that she had been married to a pimp now, after all these years, she could play the victim once again. She could probably sell her story to a magazine, and write a new book.
- Over the last year Sarah and Todd have usually been photographed alone. Here are some examples:
6. As indicated this weekend, Sarah finds herself spending more than she brings in from Sarah PAC donations, and has not be selected by Trump for ANY job.
7. Imagine any spouse describing her marriage as
-not based on emotions”
-suggesting that staying married is a way of “living sacrificially”
-indicating that there are days that she feels like “loving Todd as much as a bloody paper cut”
-indicating that there are days when Todd loves her as much as whacking his shin on a darkened staircase
-indicating that to love Todd requires “great personal sacrifice”
-comparable to dying on the cross.
We are watching the downward spiral of Sarah Palin. She no longer has a job. Her looks have faded. She doesn’t make enough money to support her lifestyle, or that of her kids. She is going to be a grandmother for the fifth/sixth time. Nobody cares enough about her to even write stories about her in the media. If she has no reason left to pretend to love Todd, there would be plenty of reasons to end the charade and separate or divorce Todd.