Sarah Palin has taken to Facebook to promote the charitable spirit of Donald Trump. Maybe we should cut Sarah some slack since she doesn’t understand the concept of doing something that doesn’t benefit her personally. When Sarah thinks of an appropriate “charity” she thinks of herself. Why would anyone give any money or support other than to Sarah Palin?
Palin has advertised Donald Trump’s bus that made an appearance in North Florida, to to provide bottled water and diapers to people affected by the recent hurricane. It is hard not to notice that:
- The article cited by Palin refers to the Trump RVs (Plural), but in fact there was only one.
- The bus in question was decorated as a campaign bus, rather than a vehicle to transport aid.
3. Trump actually has three RVs that he uses for campaign matters in Florida, but only sent one.
4. Donald Trump , himself was nowhere to be found. He takes planes when he travels, and the seat belts are 24 carat gold plated. This RV didn’t have wings, and didn’t have gold plated seat belts.
5. It is curious that the RV provided only diapers for the infants and not formula. We know that Trump finds breast feeding disgusting, so it seems that formula should have been provided with those diapers.
6. Perhaps I am being too harsh. Perhaps Donald Trump’s motives were not political, or monetary, but altruistic. However a little checking confirmed that Donald Trump is many things, but altruistic is not one of them. Trump has been labeled the “Least Charitable Billionaire” in the World. Trump describes himself as an “ardent philanthropist.” Yet, he has only donated $3.7 million to his own foundation. In comparison, a wrestling company has given Trump’s foundation $5 million. He ranks among the least charitable billionaires in the world. A TSG review of the group’s Internal Revenue Service returns dating back to 1990 reveals that Trump, the foundation’s president, may be the least charitable billionaire in the United States.
From 1990 through 2009, a period of 19 years, Trump personally donated a mere $3.7 million to his foundation, which was incorporated in 1987. In fact, the billionaire is not even the largest contributor to his own charitable organization. Tax returns show that World Wrestling Entertainment has given Trump’s foundation a total of $5 million in return for the developer’s assistance in working a couple of televised angles along with WWE boss Vince McMahon. The WWE gave Trump’s foundation $4 million in 2007for his help in promoting that year’s WrestleMania festivities, and another $1 million in 2009, when Trump pretended to purchase part of the WWE empire.
The incredibly amazing thing is that Donald Trump donated a total of $250.00 dollars to the Special Olympics, a charity that should have been important to Sarah Palin. Contrast that to his donation to the William Clinton Foundation of $100,000.00. It seems that Trump’s true motivation is reflected in the donations he has actually made. For Sarah Palin’s part it isn’t clear that she has ever donated to the Special Olympics.