Paul Gosar used to be a dentist who tried to help patients in pain. Sarah Palin tried to sooth pain of her kids when they scrapped their knees before she became Mayor of Wasilla. Years later both Palin and Gosar are doing their best to inflict pain. Instead of making America great again,they are willing to inflict pain in the American people. If they perceive that something will help them personally, it seems they are willing to act contrary to the best interest of the country. Let me give some specific examples:
Sarah Palin traveled to Texas to endorse Ted Cruz. His election to the U.S. Senate resulted in a complete shut down of the government which cost America 24 Billion Dollars.
Who could forget Palin’s endorsement of the candidate who plagiarized a speech of President Obama?
Thus Melania Trump’s plagiarism of Michelle Obama’s speech would be insignificant to Sarah Palin.
Who could forget Palin’s endorsement of Donald Trump. Trump incites violence?
Who could forget Palin’s endorsement of the candidate that mocked the disabled after she declared herself to be the champion of special needs kids?
In fact as Governor of Alaska, she cut the budget for special needs kids by 62%. Thus you can understand why she doesn’t mind if Trump mocks the disabled.
Sarah Palin has gone on the offensive once again. Now she attacks Republicans who might oppose the candidate she supports in Arizona primary race between Republican State Rep. Ray STrauss, and Republican Paul Gosar. Palin endorses Gosar. But that should come as no surprise as she has ties to Gosar that can be traced back to her days in Alaskan politics 7 years ago.
In Jan of 2011 it was reported that Palin’s endorsement of Paul Gosar helped him win a seat in Congress as a representative of Arizona. After winning the election Gosar, a retired dentist, named Rob Robinson as his chief of staff. Coincidentally, Robinson had been a dentist in Wasilla Alaska. It was Robinson who introduced Gosar to Sarah Palin. Upon the election of Gosar, Robinson left Wasilla to be Gosar’s treasurer and chief of staff. Thus it appears Sarah Palin’s interest in the Arizona election is much more about promoting people indebted to her and not about making American great again!
- Rep. Gosar has participated in the dozens of attempts by House Republicans to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- In February 2013, Paul Gosar voted against the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act. Both the version with updates to provide protections to lesbians and Native Americans, as well as the re-submitted original version.
- During the buildup to the 2012 elections, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made off-the-cuff statements about how he had been told by a Bain Capitol investor that presidential candidate Mitt Romney had “paid no income taxes”, by the use of loopholes in the tax code, and a variety of offshore bank accounts and tax shelters. Months later, in May of 2013, Paul Gosar tried making it into a scandal, and accusing the head of the IRS of concealing a “leak” who was providing Harry Reid with information during a Congressional hearing, and telling him “Shame on you” for not revealing Reid’s source (who was never an IRS employee).
- On June 14th, 2013, the House called a vote on HR 1960, which would allow military sexual assault victims to decide who determines their case. Gosar, in another slap in the face to American women, voted against the legislation (that thankfully passed anyway).
- A few days later, on June 19th, 2013, Rep. Gosar was on Mike Huckabee’s radio show, calling for a “national referendum” on a Supreme Court decision that overturned an Arizona state law on requirements of registering to vote by mail, worrying about imaginary voter fraud.
- Paul Gosar voted for the 2013 Government Shutdown. He also then voted against re-opening it, when the time came.
- In April 2014, during the standoff between the Bureau of Land Management and armed militias at Cliven Bundy’s ranch, Paul Gosar drove up from Arizona, to Nevada, to personally meet and stand alongside Cliven Bundy for photos. After Cliven Bundy decided to “teach us all something about the negro”, though, Gosar went silent in his support of Bundy.
- In an interview with WorldNetDaily’s Greg Corombos on June 12th, 2014, Rep. Gosar cited Rep. Eric Cantor’s defeat in a primary race as proof that Attorney General Eric Holder should be impeached over Benghazi, immigration, Fast & Furious, Guantanamo Bay and “violating criminal smuggling laws”. Now, I’m no legal expert, but Eric Holder, as Attorney General, would have no authority on Benghazi, let alone any of that other nonsense Gosar tried laying at his feet.
- On November 25th, 2014, Rep. Gosar wrote a letter calling for immediate Congressional action to be taken to counteract President Obama’s executive orders on immigration, even though the three presidents that preceded him had done something similar without any reaction from the opposing party in Congress. He called the orders “unconstitutional”, and the president “lawless” in the letter. Neither adjective actually applies.Gosar also called on his colleagues to vote to sue the president over his executive orders (the second such frivolous lawsuit they put forth at taxpayer expense).
- On November 19th, 2014, Paul Gosar voted “YEA” on the Secret Science Reform Act, which would allow Congress to decide which scientific studies presented to them were “valid” and which were not before they passed them on to the EPA to act upon them.
- On December 10th, 2014, Gosar was discussing the debate a land deal to create the largest copper mine in the nation, and in that discussion, he referred to Native Americans as “wards of the federal government”, sparking outrage from tribal leaders.
- On February 10th, 2015, Gosar called for the United States military to change its rules of engagement to aid in fighting the enemy, allowing for civilians of foreign countries aged as young as 10 to be killed and citing for his defense… the film American Sniper, a Hollywood dramatization of Chris Kyle.
“The longer he’s in office, the bolder and more brazen Paul Gosar seems to be, hanging out with racists, if not just saying racist things himself while voting against every bill that would potentially affect the lives of women in a positive light. Hopefully he will, one day soon, return to his dentistry practice, where he can get rid of people’s toothaches, instead of being a consistent pain in the *** for all of America.”
It seems to me that both Paul Gosar and Sarah Palin share a similar view of life in America. They both are motivated by self interest regardless of the damage done to America. Their view of making America great again is whatever might make them rich again. It seems that motivation is the tie that binds them to Donald Trump. Trump doesn’t really care what damage he is doing to America. His campaign is accomplishing one goal. He’s increasing his personal wealth as a result of his run for President.
Trump has figured out how to profit not by becoming president but merely by declaring himself a candidate—fulfilling his own prediction from 16 years ago, when he was running as the candidate of the tiny Reform Party, and told Fortune magazine: “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.” The documented expenses that Trump has billed to his campaign are outrageous and clearly designed to funnel money to Trump family and businesses. Trump doesn’t want to win the election. He only wants to run for office so that he can funnel more money to his businesses and promote the Trump name.