Grandma Palin has finally commented on Bristol’s marriage to Dakota Meyer. Although Sarah didn’t mention the words “marriage” or “wedding”, she said:
“All our families’ hearts are filled with love for Dakota, Bristol, Tripp, and Sailor Grace. It’s been a rewarding and interesting ride this past year – but these two sure do love an adventure! As their biggest supporters, we’re stratospherically happy it’s happened, amidst running a little late! Like they said, the foundation of their new life together is built with hard work and God’s grace, so they can’t go wrong – their future is as bright as Alaska’s midnight sun.
– Todd and Sarah Palin
In this intimate comment, Grandma and Grandpa had the foresight to post the comment on Facebook with their last names, so Bristol wouldn’t be confused about which Todd and Sarah were congratulating her. Thank heavens they posted a link to the article on Entertainment Tonight so we would know that they were talking about the marriage of Bristol and Dakota, not the announcement of another child.There seems to be some confusion. People Magazine thought the Facebook post came “just a day after” Bristol announced her marriage. I live in Dallas Texas, and I knew of the marriage on the 8th. Yesterday morning, I was surprised that Grandma Palin has still not posted a single word about the nuptials. At around 9:30 in the morning, Central time I remarked:” Thus far Grandma Palin hasn’t posted a single word on her Facebook about the wedding. Maybe she is just too busy planning the wedding party for Track and Britta?”
Grandma’s post came about 6 hours after my post, not the day AFTER the announcement.
The amazing thing is that everyone seems to be missing the point of Bristol’s passive aggressive attitude toward her mother. Passive aggressiveness is described as behavior exhibited by a person who displays “Learned Helplessness.” This occurs when “a person continually acts like they can’t help themselves – deliberately doing a poor job of something (i.e. getting pregnant) for which they are often explicitly responsible
Passive aggression might be seen as a defence mechanism that people use to protect themselves. It might be automatic and might stem from early experiences. What they are protecting themselves from will be unique and individual to each person; although might include underlying feelings of rejection, fear, mistrust, insecurity and/or low self-esteem.
Here are some examples to illustrate me point:
- Bristol’s pregnancy at age 16 was planned. Bristol told Levi, “let’s get pregnant.”
2. Sarah appeared with Bristol on national television, proclaiming Bristol’s decision to remain chaste until marriage.
3. That appearance came after Sarah had asked for privacy for Bristol.
4. Bristol declared that her second pregnancy was actually “planned.”
5. It was Sarah who announced Bristol’s engagement to Levi.
6. It was Bristol who announced that the engagement to Levi was called off, both the first and second time.
7. The second engagement to Levi occurred even though Sarah and Todd had “no idea.”
8. Sarah was not supportive of Bristol’s second engagement when she did learn about it.
9. When Bristol and Dakota got engaged the first time, they each announced the engagement.
10. When Bristol and Dakota broke off the engagement, it was Sarah who announced they would not be marrying. It was Sarah who announced that the Palin and Meyer families would still gather for a barbecue in Kentucky, where the wedding was supposed to be held, to “celebrate life, in general!” Sarah appeared at the family barbecue.
Bristol did not.
11. Sarah expressed her disdain for Dakota when she wrote:
“For many months we have been trying to reach out to Dakota Meyer and he has wanted nothing to do with either Bristol’s pregnancy or the baby.”
Now, Bristol has it back.
Ask yourself, how did Bristol get the ring back without Sarah knowing about it? If Sarah knew about the upcoming nuptials why wasn’t she invited:?
It seems that this is just one more example of the passive-aggressive behavior of Bristol Palin toward Grandma Palin.
As many pictures as we’ve seen posted by Bristol of Sailor, not one has been posted of Sarah holding Sailor.
Even Todd has had his picture taken with Sailor.