Yesterday Immoral Minority broke the story that Dakota Meyer is/was married.
Gryphen published a copy of a marriage certificate indicating that Dakota married Cassandra Wain on May 20, 2008. In spite of multiple internet searches it remains uncertain whether Dakota ever obtained a divorce from Ms. Wain. Thus, Bristol should care about whether Dakota is or was married, as he would not be legally eligible to marry her.
Gryphen noted yesterday, on May 11, 2015 that:
“Meyer’s Wikipedia page does not even mention the marriage, though of course it has been updated to include his recent engagement to Bristol.”
This morning, Tuesday May 12, 2015, Meyer’s Wikipedia page has been updated to reflect that Meyer was married to Cassandra Wain. Wikipedia reposted:
“ On the 17th of May 2008, Dakota married Cassandra Marie Wain.” Obviously Wikipedia cared if Meyer had been married. There is no mention of a divorce.
A lot of other publications appeared to care whether this would be the first marriage of Bristol and of Dakota. The following are just a few examples of the mis-reported information, indicating that these publications felt it was important to report on whether this was the first marriage for Bristol and Dakota:
1. “It will be the first marriage for both, although Palin has been engaged before to Levi Johnston, the father of her 6-year-old son Tripp.”
3. “This will be the first marriage for both Palin and Meyer.
4. “This will be the first marriage for both, although Palin has been engaged before to Levi Johnston, the father of her 6-year-old son Tripp.”“
5. “This will be the first marriage for both Dakota and Bristol (who was previously engaged to Levi Johnston, the father of her 6-year-old son, Tripp).”
6. “For both parties, this is both their first marriage; however, Bristol has a 6 year-old child with Levi Johnston.
7. “ It will be the first marriage for both, though Bristol Palin was previously engaged to Levi Johnston, who is the father of her six-year-old son, Tripp.”
8. “It will be the first marriage for both, …”
9. “ This will be the first marriage for both of them, …”
10. “It’s reportedly a first marriage for both,…
Obviously, a lot of people care whether this is the first marriage for both. Dakota has failed to be forthcoming about his previous marriage. If he would fail to tell us about his previous marriage, then what else has he failed to disclose? Is he still married? Does he have children?
Some might care about whether this is the first marriage for Dakota because if he was married and divorced, he is more likely to divorce again. 43% of first marriages end in divorce. 60% of those who remarry will re-divorce. Thus it is 17% more likely that Dakota and Bristol will divorce because Dakota was married before Bristol.
Then there is the educational level of Bristol and Dakota to consider. Neither has attended college. The chance of marriage ending in divorce is lower in people who have higher education.
Bristol had lived with men before Dakota. Because Bristol cohabitated with men before marrying Dakota Meyer, she is 40% More Likely to divorce than women who have not cohabitated.
Finally, it is important to consider the age of Dakota and Bristol at the time they marry when attempting to determine the likelihood of success. Bristol was born in October of 1990 . Thus she is 24 years old. Dakota was born June of 1988. That makes Britol 24, and Dakota 26. The average age of women to get married is 27. The average for men is 29. Persons who marry younger tend to experience divorce more often than the couple who marry when they are older.
Thus, the paragon for family values, Bristol Palin is likely not going to marry Dakota. If they do marry, it is likely that their marriage will divorce.