David Chaney is the Secret Service agent who resigned as a result of the Colombia scandal involving prostitutes. He is also the Agent who posted the Facebook picture of he and Sarah Palin with a notation “I was really checking her out, if you know what I mean?” He is also the agent that Shailey Tripp has said was introduced to her by Todd Palin. So the question is “Who is David Chaney?” The best information I could find came from a blog post written by Vincent Palamara. Vince has a degree in Sociology. Vince has devoted substantial time to investigation of the Secret Service regarding the assassination of JFK. He has corresponded with over seventy former Secret Service Agents in addition to interviewing family members, White House aides, and medical witnesses regarding the assignation. He has written two books. Vince has been favorably mentioned in over 50 JFK and Secret Service related books to date. Vince Palamara has become known (as he was dubbed by the History Channel in 2003) “the Secret Service expert.” As former JFK Secret Service agent Joe Paolella proclaimed: “You seem to know a lot about the Secret Service, maybe even more than I do!”
The following facts
have been reported by Mr. Palamara regarding David Chaney:
1. David Randall Chaney, 48, posted several shots of himself on duty in a dark suit and sunglasses, including one that shows him behind the former Republican vice presidential nominee during her 2008 campaign.
“I was really checking her out, if you know what i mean?” Chaney wrote in the comments section after friends had marveled at the photo. He is married and has an adult son.
2. Chaney was a supervisor in the Secret Service’s international programs division.
3. Chaney retired under pressure last Wednesday due to allegations that he and other agents participated in a night with prostitutes while in Colombia, preparing for Obama’s visit to the Summit of the Americas.
4. Chaney has worked at the Secret Service for almost 20 years.
5. Chaney has worked for a significant amount of time in the Presidential protection detail and was based out of D.C.
6. The Secret Service announced Wednesday that Chaney would be dismissed from the agency along with two other agents.
7. The attorney for Chaney has refused to comment regarding the allegations against Chaney.
8. Chaney’s duties in the international programs division have been identified as “supervising a department that provides support and administrative help to the agency’s foreign offices.”
9. Calls made to Chaney’s home and cell phone have not been returned, and the door of Chaney’s home in northern Virginia has not been answered. There is a silvery 4z4 Ford pick-up parked outside Chaney’s home which advertises stickers with an outline of Texas (Chaney’s home state) and the words “SECEDE” on it.
10. Chaney’s father was also a Secret Service agent.
11. Chaney’s connection to Sarah Palin when the Facebook post of David Chaney revealed pictures of him on duty, assigned to Sarah Palin. In one photo Chaney is standing near Sarah Palin.
In the comments section next to the photo, a friend remarked that Chaney appeared to be “lurking in the shadows” behind Palin. Another person commented that there seemed to be “real chemistry” between the two.
Chaney posted: “I was really checking her out, if you know what i mean?”
Another friend asked if one of the buttons on Palin’s lapel was emblazoned with Chaney’s face.
“well if it was could you blame her, anything to satisfy a stalker,” Chaney wrote in his reply.
12. In another set of Facebook photos, Chaney documents a trip he took with his grown son to Egypt. One photo shows a voluptuous belly dancer in a revealing bikini-like top and tight, sequined skirt positioned between him and his son.
Thus it seems that there is no real controversy that Chaney was involved in the prostitution scandal in Colombia, or that he previously came in contact with Sarah Palin during the 2008 campaign and thus Todd Palin would have likely met him as well. Based on the report of Shailey Tripp it seems that Todd Palin introduced Chaney to Shailey to allow him to take advantage of her services. The connections between Todd Palin, David Chaney, politicians, and prostitutes are unmistakable. Todd Palin will not be the First Dude, and nobody seems to want to make a reality show about him. David Chaney is no longer employed with the Secret Service. Shailey Tripp is no longer working for Todd. Chaney knows a lot of hookers in Columbia. Todd evidently has a lot of clients. Maybe they could go into business together. They could name their new business “SARAH’S SECRET SERVICE.” Palin obviously knew this agent as she said she hoped that his wife send him to the dog house and made a joke referring to President Obama saying: “as long as he’s not eating the dog, along with the former boss.” The joke was in references to Obama’s Dreams From My Father, in which he wrote about eating dog meat in Indonesia as a child. Palin showed really bad judgment making that slam on Obama. Perhaps a more enlightened comment would have been that he should be fired before the 2012 election because if Romney should win you know what he does with dog houses!