In a poll just 24 hours old, Newt Gingrich has surged ahead in a national poll of likely Republican voters.
He is enjoying a 9% lead over Mitt Romney. The poll shows:
Michele Bachmann isn’t even mentioned. Surely the people who favor Gingrich just don’t know much about him. Surely as voters learn more about the Draft Dodger, Adulterer, Unethical Ex-Congressman, they will come to their senses. Here is a brief outline of critical facts you might want to send to any family or friends who think Newt is the best choice as the next leader of the Free World:
1. In 1962 Newt was 19 years old. Before his 20th birthday he married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher who was 26 years old.
2. In the spring of 1980, 18 years and two daughters later, Newt divorced Battley. He had an affair with Marianne Ginther, who he later married. According to L.H. Carter, the campaign treasurer of Gingrich, Newt explained that “She’s not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides she has cancer.”
3. While still married to Ginther Gingrich has an affair with House of Representatives staffer Callista Bisek who was 23 years younger. Gingrich continued this affair while he was the leader of the investigation of President Clinton in the Lewinsky scandal. In 2000 Gingrich married Bisek shortly after divorcing his second wife Ginther. Gingrich divorced his second wife eight months after finding out she had multiple sclerosis. Mr. Gingrich asked for the divorce on Mother’s Day 1999 after finding out about the diagnosis of MS.
4. Gingrich dodged the draft during the Vietnam War.
5. Gingrich admitted guilt in an ethics probe against him while he served as Speaker of the House. He was required to pay a fine of $300,000, and resigned from office. He has not held political office since he resigned in 1999.
Thus the GOP has identified an adulterer, a draft dodger, a quitter, and an admittedly unethical ex-politician as its best and most qualified candidate for President. Maybe he will choose Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate, since they have so much in common.