Two days ago, I posted a blog expressing my outrage at a recent poll reported by Newsmax, identifying Palin as “now leading the GOP field as the party’s preferred candidate for president”. (See, malialitman.wordpress.com, Money Corrupts Newsmax and Palin.) Today we have proof that Newsmax mislead us. Politics Daily reported on March 29th that “…the overall public sees her negatively, by a 55% to 37% margin”, based upon a Washington Post poll. http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/03/27/palins-a-heroine-to-the -tea-party-but-gets-high-negatives-from-general-public. Seven percent of the people polled were undecided. The really frightening thing is that 37% of people still think she is the “preferred” candidate, or that 7% of people are still “undecided”. I disagree with many politicians on a variety of issues. Yet I haven’t written an entire book about them. Even though many people in the country are more conservative than I, they don’t inspire me to devote hours each day writing a blog about them.
What scares me about Sarah Palin?
- It’s not just that she lacks intelligence, but what scares me is that she doesn’t know how limited she is. She didn’t blink when John McCain asked her to be his running mate.
- It’s not just that she hunts and takes pleasure from killing animals, but what scares me is that she doesn’t seem to feel any remorse about inspiring violent behavior in people.
- It’s not just that she believes that abortion is wrong; it’s that she feels it is her place to impose her will on other women.
- It’s not that she objects to homosexuality, but that she feels it is appropriate to ban books from the Wasilla library regarding homosexuality.
- It’s not that she is a Caucasian; it’s that she seems to lack respect or appreciation for cultures other than her own.
- It’s not that she is an Evangelical Christian; it’s that she thinks the answer to our country’s problems is to seek divine intervention.
- It’s not that her pastor hunted witches in Africa, but it’s that Sarah didn’t find anything objectionable about it.
- It’s not that she is a woman, but it’s that she believes that women should defer to men in decision making.
- It’s not that she says she is in favor of cutting taxes, but it’s that she raised taxes while the mayor of Wasilla.
- It’s not that she says she is opposed to earmarks, but that she hired a lobbyist for the purpose of obtaining earmarks for Wasilla.
- It’s not that she changed her position on the Bridge to Nowhere, but that she wouldn’t admit that she did.
- It’s not that she doesn’t have a law degree, it’s that she lacks the common sense required to prevent her from spending millions of dollars building a hockey center on property the city didn’t own.
- It’s not that she has five children, but that she uses her children to gain political advantage.
- It’s not that she gives speeches around the country to right-to-life rallies, making hundreds of thousands dollars; it’s that she hired a woman to be the ghost-writer of her book who publically admits that she has had an abortion.
- It’s not just that she was found by an Alaskan investigative panel to have behaved unethically, it’s that she told the public she had been completely exonerated.
- It’s not just that she uses Trig to advertise herself as a proponent of kids with special needs, it’s that she endangered him by boarding a flight from Texas to Alaska, after her water had broken, after she knew she was in labor, and when she knew it was her fifth pregnancy.
- It’s not just that she advocates “abstinence” teaching, it’s that she was pregnant when she married, and that Bristol has had a child out of wedlock after Bristol and Levi were living in Sarah’s house when she “probably knew” they were having sex.
- It’s not that she resigned her position as Governor of Alaska to make money, it’s that in the same speech announcing her resignation she had the temerity to say that she is not a “quitter”.
- It’s not that John McCain wouldn’t endorse Palin after the election; it’s that Palin doesn’t seem to mind that McCain is using her again to endorse him for Arizona Senator.
- It’s not that she advocates “common sense conservative values”; it’s that she doesn’t seem to know what policies that would include.
- It’s not that she is a wolf, but that she wears the clothes of a sheep.
Regardless of your political persuasions, we should all be aware of the inherent dangers of Sarah Palin. A person, who pronounces nuclear as “nucular”, should never be trusted with the codes. A person who thinks Africa is a country should not be entrusted with the security of our nation. This is not about politics. It is about competency, intelligence, deceit, and honor.
“Rebuttal to the Rogue”, is available on Amazon.com. I have no ulterior motive in promoting the book as all proceeds are being donated to Planned Parenthood. This is a book that documents why Palin is so dangerous to the country, and specifically to women. How could I complain about Sarah Palin, if I weren’t willing to spend the time to document why Sarah Palin is so frightening to me? We must all work together to ensure that people know who Palin is, and what she actually DOES, instead of what she SAYS! Especially our Republican friends need to know who the real Palin is. We must make sure that we never come so close to a national disaster as we did in 2008. Please help me get the word out! Tell your friends about this book, this blog, or just why they should expect more out of a Republican candidate. I respect another person who may have an opinion different than my own. If we have fundamental differences of opinion about how to govern, I will respect the opposition…as long as it is not Sarah Palin. Please help educate the 37% of people who think she is “neat” and the 7% of people who are “undecided” that this country can not afford to have Sarah Palin as our leader. We have only 1 ½ years to educate people, so we better start today. Sarah is not blinking. We must. If you are reading this blog, you understand the urgency. If you have any ideas about how to defeat her nomination, please post them.
If you need a link to show your friends who may not have the time or inclination to read “Rebuttal to the Rogue”, just send them to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E
If you are as tired as I am of Sarah Palin, and you just need something to make you smile, see Tina Fey on Letterman at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAqGSbPwkQ&NR=1
See Letterman’s Recap of Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZsO7dZ__iw&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-3-HM
See Matt Damon on Sarah Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk&NR=1&feature=fvwp